The Fleet Dispatcher (FD) will execute the day to day activity of their assigned driver fleet. This includes monitoring of the fleet, accurately distributing, receiving and updating information. The FD is responsible for identifying and participating in the resolution of issues relating to day to day activity of the driver is essential. The FD must be well organized, an excellent communicator and have a keen sense of timeliness in carrying out daily activities.
Dispatch: This involves the transmitting and receiving of all information relevant to the driver performing his/her duties within the Company and customer requirements. This includes:
- Reading and managing all messages as they pertain to the driver, equipment and loads,
- Detailed pick-up and delivery instructions,
- Providing customer specific information as required,
- Ensuring the system reflects an accurate portrayal of events and times,
- Immediately addressing all scheduling conflicts or issues as they arise,
- Providing driver with routing as required,
- Providing driver with weather, road conditions, and other information updates as they arise,
- Ensuring day to day activity of fleet is confirmed and complete by end of day.
Mobile Communications and Telephone Management: This involves the handling of all driver related messages or calls within assigned and overflow questions. This includes:
- Effectively managing and responding to messages or answering the phone queues.
- Instructing drivers on proper People Net and telephone procedures.
Problem Resolution: This involves working on behalf of both the Driver and the Company to resolve any day to day issues that may arise. This includes:
- Planning/Customer Service issues,
- Driver issues regarding day to day activities,
- Pass maintenance issues on to maintenance dept.
- Repeat issues must be identified and forwarded to the Operations Manager or Supervisor for resolution.
Other: This involves any other duties that may be assigned from time to time, on a daily or permanent basis. This may include things such as:
- Special projects,
- Training seminars,
- Providing and participating in additional training programs,
- Any other job related tasks.
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Reports indirectly to all supporting staff
- Works in conjunctions with brokerage dispatch and all other support staff.
- Maintains relationships with maintenance, payroll, administration and all external customers.
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving
- Company Policies and Philosophy
- Driver Expectations
- Freight Lanes and Trends
- General Operating Practices
- Geography of North America
- Trucking Rules and Regulations
- Customer Service Standards
- Service Capabilities and Standards
- Equipment Types
- Office Environment