Britton Transport – Des Moines, IA & Grand Forks, ND
Do you have a proven record for meeting and exceeding goals while providing dynamic leadership to your team? If you are looking to be a part of a growing and vibrant organization, Britton Transport has an opportunity with unlimited growth and potential in the Des Moines area.
Britton Transport is currently seeking a Fleet Manager that will be responsible for leading a fleet of professional truck drivers. This role will uphold corporate policy, procedure, direction and culture; ensuring program objectives/goals are met.
Key Results Areas:
- Driver Retention — Create an environment that drivers want to be a part of
- Driver Safety — Create a culture of purposefully protecting others
- Driver Utilization — Create efficiencies that create profitability for the driver and the organization
- On-time Service to Customers — Exceed customer expectations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Transportation & Logistics preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of truck transportation/logistics.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities, includes building effective teams.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Effectively copes with change and is energized by tough challenges.
- Strong problem solving capabilities and timely decision making. Identifies options including the short and long term impact on business operations.
Britton Transport began servicing customers in the Red River Valley of North Dakota as a truck brokerage service in 1980. Based on the shared values of safety, people and professionalism, Bison Transport (Head Office located in Winnipeg, CAN) acquired Britton Transport in 2011. Since the acquisition, Britton Transport has doubled its fleet size, expanded its brokerage, and launched a Refrigerated fleet. Britton continues to provide flatbed trailer and dry van operations as well as storage trailer services. Moving into new offices in Grand Forks and Sioux Falls in 2013 & Des Moines in 2015, Britton Transport is poised for further aggressive growth.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Britton Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Disabled