This newly created career opportunity will be based out of our Grand Forks, ND office. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Senior Manager will uphold corporate policy, procedure, direction and culture; ensuring program objectives/goals are met. This includes the monitoring of freight volumes, service levels, margins, carrier performance, carrier and client development, and maintaining the overall performance of the department. This is accomplished by strong written and verbal communication, cultivating both internal and external relationships and providing leadership, support and direction. In addition, this incumbent will drive business growth of the brokerage by researching new opportunities and initiatives, building relationships with clients, negotiating contracts, and leading the implementation of new business into the Britton Transport network. The Senior Manager will ensure team members are working towards established goals and programs and will provide leadership, mentorship and ongoing development to team members.
We seek a highly strategic thinker with strong business acumen who is passionate about leading progressively and who has the drive and initiative to grow our business. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and has the desire to mentor and lead with vision and care. Further qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and the ability to motivate and manage a to meet operational challenges,
- Excellent human resource skills: coaching, mentoring, performance management,
- Strong communication skills: excellent oral, written and presentation skills, as well as adult learning techniques,
- Strong leadership skills: team-work, delegation,
- Strong organizational skills: time management, project planning, multi-tasking,
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and change management skills are required,
- Progressive knowledge of the transportation industry including competition and trends is considered an asset.