We’re always looking for talent in our office and warehouse locations. Please fill out an application for any of the roles listed below or send us your resume to be considered for future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
The Logistics Assistant (LA) carries out duties associated with the day to day administrative function of our Logistics Department. Key duties include sending carrier contracts, proactive order/equipment tracing, recording of information in the logistics system, and trouble shooting, as required. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure that all service deliverables are on track while keeping the secondary purpose in mind to also ensure administrative functions of Logistics department are completed in an accurate, timely and complete manner. The ideal candidate will have the desire and core competencies to develop in the role to become a Logistics Coordinator (LC) aka Freight Broker.
- Schedule pickup & delivery appointments.
- Obtaining event updates (p/u, Delivery, check call) on all freight movements.
- Obtaining trailer exchange information relating to transactions & updating associated Empty moves,
- Obtaining load details that may not be available prior to loading such as pieces/weights/missing reference numbers.
- Verifying that the carrier is aware of all pertinent details of the load (p/u & delivery locations and appointment times) as well as proactively tracing the pickup event, check call locations while the load is in transit and finally the delivery of the order.
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information to all potential stake holders and take appropriate action where necessary in the event that an issue with a load should arise or service requirements of a load are in jeopardy. Our promise to our clients: Using Britton Transport will be seamless process. This is a key link in the chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management (preferred, not required) and/or familiarity or working knowledge of the transportation industry is helpful.
- Candidates must possess excellent Attention to Detail skills, Be able to Multi-task, have an Analytical yet Creative mindset along with superior communication skills.
- Must be personable, ambitious, career-minded and be ready to prove yourself in an effort to rapidly outgrow the position and be promoted to a Logistics Coordinator (LC).
- Knowledge of truckload transportation helpful. Willingness to learn essential.
Job Type: Full-time
The basic purpose of the Carrier Development Manager role is to develop carrier capacity to meet the demands of our growing sales and logistics operations. A successful Carrier Development Manager identifies opportunities to match potential carrier supply with the type of freight opportunities that the carrier is looking for along with targeted areas where additional supply is required. A Carrier Development Manager will be involved with generating qualified leads, initiating the relationship with a carrier, explanation of the Bison Logistics value proposition to the carrier and working with the respective logistics team to successfully on-board the carrier.
This is a new role in our US operation in which this individual will be building and executing on our carrier development program including the carrier value proposition. Role will evolve and duties may be adjusted or added based on business need.
- Ensure that the pool of carriers remains healthy by securing leads from a multitude of sources.
- Capitalize on all carrier capacity needs throughout the network but will prioritize the key lanes in demand (LIDs) in order to make an impact on the areas most required by the business.
- Build a plan in which both the carrier and the Logistics’ team commit to a plan of both available capacity and freight. The Carrier Development Manager will facilitate this plan and refer back to it ensure both parties are engaged in the goal of carrier utilization.
- In order for the developed carrier to move into active status, the Carrier Development Manager must ensure that each carrier know and understand all Bison Logistics procedures, processes and polices. This includes meeting acceptable standards of performance relative to service and communication.
- The Carrier Development Manager must meet carrier development targets focusing on both carrier progression through the pipeline along with the results of carriers successfully meeting the final stage of development.
- Develop and maintain accurate carrier profiles on new and existing carriers to better match with lanes, needs & RFQ’s.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (preferred, not required) AND have experience working for a Brokerage or 3PL with a focus on carrier procurement.
- Candidates must possess an Entrepreneurial spirit & a drive for success.
- Must be personable, ambitious, career-minded and be ready to prove yourself.
Job Types: Full-time
Britton Transport a Bison Transport Company is currently recruiting strong leaders with transportation backgrounds to play a key role in growth across our group of companies. If you are seeking to expand your career with a fast-paced growing organization we would like to speak with you. Britton has career opportunities across all departments; fields of interest include:
- Technology and/or analytics
- Director of Operations
- Brokerage leader
- Sales leader
- And more…
Britton Transport seeks motivated individuals with strong leadership and communication qualities to join our management team. Qualified candidates can expect to work full time in current Britton Transport offices, located in Grand Forks, Des Moines, and Sioux Falls, as well as helping to start and grow a new office in certain operating areas. Our growing group of companies are family-oriented and rooted in the Midwest. We are dedicated to a mission of Safety and purposefully protecting others, providing foward thinking Solutions to our customers, and creating a workplace environment that leads to Success for our clients, drivers, and office team members.
- Paid medical premiums for employees
- Dental and Vision available
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- And more…
Britton Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Sexual