We’re always looking for talent in our office and warehouse locations. Please fill out an application for any of the roles listed below or send us your resume to be considered for future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
The Logistics Assistant (LA) carries out duties associated with the day to day administrative function of our Logistics Department. Key duties include sending carrier contracts, proactive order/equipment tracing, recording of information in the logistics system, and trouble shooting, as required. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure that all service deliverables are on track while keeping the secondary purpose in mind to also ensure administrative functions of Logistics department are completed in an accurate, timely and complete manner. The ideal candidate will have the desire and core competencies to develop in the role to become a Logistics Coordinator (LC) aka Freight Broker.
- Schedule pickup & delivery appointments.
- Obtaining event updates (p/u, Delivery, check call) on all freight movements.
- Obtaining trailer exchange information relating to transactions & updating associated Empty moves,
- Obtaining load details that may not be available prior to loading such as pieces/weights/missing reference numbers.
- Verifying that the carrier is aware of all pertinent details of the load (p/u & delivery locations and appointment times) as well as proactively tracing the pickup event, check call locations while the load is in transit and finally the delivery of the order.
- Effectively communicate all pertinent information to all potential stake holders and take appropriate action where necessary in the event that an issue with a load should arise or service requirements of a load are in jeopardy. Our promise to our clients: Using Britton Transport will be seamless process. This is a key link in the chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management (preferred, not required) and/or familiarity or working knowledge of the transportation industry is helpful.
- Candidates must possess excellent Attention to Detail skills, Be able to Multi-task, have an Analytical yet Creative mindset along with superior communication skills.
- Must be personable, ambitious, career-minded and be ready to prove yourself in an effort to rapidly outgrow the position and be promoted to a Logistics Coordinator (LC).
- Knowledge of truckload transportation helpful. Willingness to learn essential.
Job Type: Full-time
The Safety Director is responsible for promoting the safe and efficient operations of the fleet; monitoring the everyday practices for DOT compliance; maintaining proper documentation and retention; and overseeing accident and safety issues. This person is responsible for implementing and executing safety programs that effectively lead the company’s safety culture. Must provide sound leadership and management to ensure compliance with DOT regulations and company policies in an over-the-road and dedicated transportation environment.
Below is a list of job duties; however, additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate:
• Develop, implement, and supervise the company driver safety program
• Conduct post-accident and post-injury investigations; root cause analysis; and ensure proper completion of required documentation and reporting to the proper agencies
• Communicate with drivers regarding core safety principles and accident avoidance
• Manage the driver qualification process while ensuring documentation related to Commercial Motor Vehicle Records, DOT physicals, National Registry, Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and Drug and Alcohol testing are maintained appropriately
• Monitor compliance with Hours-of-Service regulations, ELD usage, pre/post trip inspections and FMCSA
• Strategically partner with department managers to continually improve driver safety, driver retention and customer service.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and handle DOT complaints under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
• Participate in new driver orientation
• Administer/Oversee the coaching of drivers based on performance
• Run safety bonuses and review for disqualification (Inspections, Citations, Accidents)
• Oversee compilation and distribution of permit books
• Licensing & Permitting – Add and delete as needed and file annual renewals including any decals and decal replacements
• 24/7 On-call status for driver & safety related issues
• Lead and manage other members of the safety department
• Aid in developing positive relations throughout the company
Required knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent Human Resource planning / Management skills
• Effective negotiating and sales skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Creative and innovative
Job Type: Full-time
The safety generalist will play a critical role in ensuring the safety of our professional CDL-A truck drivers by supporting various safety and compliance tasks. Britton Transport is a Bison Transport company and actively growing across North America.
• Risk Management – building, maintaining, and closing accident and claim files.
• Own the Applicant VOE process and documentation for the Recruiting Dept.
• Monitor various expiration dates to ensure equipment and Driver credentials remain compliant.
• Verbal communication and coaching with Drivers as needed.
• Experience in a safety role within the industry held to FMCSA & DOT regulation
• Detail oriented
• Passion for driving a culture of safety across the business
Salary and Benefit
• Pay is based on experience and individual skill set
Job Type: Full-time
The Customer Service Assistant (CSA) is responsible for performing duties dealing with the day-to–day coordination of freight and truck movement in a particular region. In supporting their team, the CSA will have routine customer contact and be able to execute the detailed and administrative work.
1) Order Entry/Order Acceptance:
• The CSA is accountable to enter designated orders for the assigned region, confirming all details are updated and the orders are complete for dispatch with all necessary information.
• The CSA is to accept customer orders under pre-determined guidelines from the regional Customer Service Supervisor.
• The CSA is responsible for updating customers on status of shipments as requested and producing and distributing regular reports of status for selected accounts.
• In direction from the planning team, the CSA must communicate with customers to confirm when shipments are ready, scheduled to deliver, ETA of truck, etc.
3) Appointment Booking:
• The CSA is accountable to ensure all shipping and delivery appointments are secured and updated in the system within the prescribed lead time.
• The CSA must build relationships with shippers and consignees in order to manage appointment scheduling that meet the needs of the customer as well as Bison’s operation.
• The CSA must be available to handle customer inquiries off the general queue in a pleasant and efficient manner.
• The CSA must provide direct support for the CSRs as required which may include CSR coverage.
Other duties and projects as assigned by a Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- Company Policies and Philosophy
- Geography of North America
- Customer Service Standards
- Driver Expectations
- Service Capabilities and Standards
- Industry Activity and Trends
- General Operating Practices
- Freight Lanes and Trends
- Trucking Rules and Regulations
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Works directly with CSR and Customer Service Team Lead
- Reports directly to Supervisor Customer Service
- Reports indirectly to the Manager, Customer Service and the Director, Operations
- Works in conjunctions with all Operations department personnel
- Maintains relationships with Administration department personnel and external customers
Job Types: Full-time
Britton Transport a Bison Transport Company is currently recruiting strong leaders with transportation backgrounds to play a key role in growth across our group of companies. If you are seeking to expand your career with a fast-paced growing organization we would like to speak with you. Britton has career opportunities across all departments; fields of interest include:
- Technology and/or analytics
- Director of Operations
- Brokerage leader
- Sales leader
- And more…
Britton Transport seeks motivated individuals with strong leadership and communication qualities to join our management team. Qualified candidates can expect to work full time in current Britton Transport offices, located in Grand Forks, Des Moines, and Sioux Falls, as well as helping to start and grow a new office in certain operating areas. Our growing group of companies are family-oriented and rooted in the Midwest. We are dedicated to a mission of Safety and purposefully protecting others, providing foward thinking Solutions to our customers, and creating a workplace environment that leads to Success for our clients, drivers, and office team members.
- Paid medical premiums for employees
- Dental and Vision available
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- And more…
Britton Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Sexual